How to Forecast Staff Scheduling with Lodgify
Maddie Thomposon | Staff Writer
Are you a property management professional who feels overwhelmed trying to organize your cleaning and maintenance staff calendars?
Without the tools you need, it can be confusing trying to figure out how your employee schedules will look even just a few days in advance.
But when you connect Lodgify with the right housekeeping software solution, you can automate all that and more—giving you not just a clear picture of what your staff are doing right now, but what they’ll be doing one week or one month from now and beyond.
Let’s explore how simple it is to manage and predict cleaning and maintenance tasks with Operto Teams.
Would you like to easily forecast staff schedules and save yourself from chaotic manual tracking in spreadsheets? Book an Operto Teams demo here.
Use your API key to connect Lodgify with Operto Teams
First, obtain information about Lodgify integrations.
- Click the Lodgify logo
- Click “Give Operto Teams a Try”
- Follow the simple instructions
This will bolt Operto Teams onto Lodgify, enabling it to start feeding your properties and bookings into your Scheduling Calendar.
Set up your teams and departments
Next, start onboarding your company within the Operto Teams system. There are ten steps to complete, including:
- Establish your departments. Depending on your properties’ needs, you can choose between maintenance, cleaning, and inspection.
- Create staff dashboards: Your employees will access these dashboards to view their schedules and obtain the information they need to get their jobs done.
- Regionalize your units: If you have ten properties spread across different locations, you can group them together efficiently to avoid sending cleaners and maintenance workers on impractical routes. Dividing your units into regions makes sure employees always receive schedules that make logistical sense.
Create task rules
Now create rules within the Operto Teams system. This step establishes every task you’d like your cleaning team to perform for every new booking.
Here are some examples of task rules you can add:
- Departure clean
- Pre-arrival inspection
- Carpet cleaning
- Supply restock
- Hot tub chem check
- Scheduled maintenance
- Cleaning inspection
It’s worth noting that maintenance rules are a bit different than cleaning rules because they aren’t as dependent on bookings. For instance, tasks like battery change-outs and barbecue cleans don’t need to happen after every check-out.
While establishing your ruled, you can designate:
- A department like housekeeping, maintenance, or inspections
- A task type like before check-in, after check-out, mid-stay, or mid-vacancy
Finally, attach your finished rules to your individual properties, along with the assigned staff, time to complete, and billing and payroll amounts. All these values will now prefill into each generated task.
Add details to your task rules
You can also add additional information into your task rules. For instance, some Operto Teams users create cleaning and maintenance checklists or include Standard Property Appearance images.
Operto Teams users can also activate notifications within their tasks, so property managers and employees can receive alerts about things like overdue tasks and issues submitted from the field.
Start populating your schedule with automated tasks
Once you have everything set up, Operto Teams will auto-schedule all your team’s tasks with every new booking from Lodgify.
If necessary, you can manually tinker with your calendar using our drag-and-drop interface. This allows you to account for variables like cleaners calling in sick and last minute bookings.
Once you’ve finalized your schedule, your staff simply view their personalized calendars within their Staff Portal to obtain all the information they need.
Forecast staff scheduling with Lodgify
Operto Teams can schedule tasks forever into the future.
Every task on your staff calendar will have an estimated amount of time assigned to it. Our forecasting tool can then sum up your tasks and tell you how many hours you’ve got scheduled within each of your departments.
You can also export this data by the day.
Because all scheduled tasks have estimated amounts of time attached to them, this is a really helpful feature. It can give you insight into your busier and slower periods and help you decide:
- Good times for staff and management to take vacations
- When to take on special projects or events
- Opportunities for time-consuming tasks like deep cleans and special maintenance
Streamline and automate your calendar with Operto Teams
As you can see, forecasting staff scheduling with Operto Teams is simple. All you have to do is:
- Connect Lodgify with our software
- Complete our onboarding process
- Set up customized rules
- Watch as your calendar gets automatically populated with comprehensive, well-organized tasks forever into the future
Want more workflows? Check out our Operto Teams to Lodgify integrations to learn more.
Interested in easily forecasting staff schedules and saving yourself from unnecessary manual work? Book an Operto Teams demo here.